Posted by Admin on Jun 08, 2017
This do it yourself cell phone signal booster installation in 5 easy steps guide will help you install your brand new cell phone amplifier system quickly and easily. Read the simple to follow instructions below to get your cellular amplifying system up and running in no time.
1. Select a location to install the Signal Booster that is away from excessive heat, direct sunlight, moisture and has proper ventilation. Do not place the Signal Booster in an air-tight enclosure.
2. Select a location on the roof of the building to install the Outside Antenna. Best location for external antenna is where there is best signal. Use a cell phone in test mode to find the strongest signal from the cell tower.
3. Select a location inside home or apartment to install internal antenna. Best location for interior antenna is where signal is weakest or where you need signal to make most calls. Place it in the center of room where the signal needs to be amplified. Use a cell phone test mode to find the weakest signal inside your home/office.
Note: Distance between exterior and interior antennas may be needed for booster to work optimally. A minimum separation distance of 20 vertical feet is best for operation. If you notice inside coverage boost is not sufficient, you may need as much as 75 feet of horizontal separation.
4. Run the Outside Antenna cable to the Signal Booster and attach it to the connector labeled "Outside Antenna" on the Signal Booster. Run the Inside Antenna cable to the Signal Booster and attach it to the connector labeled "Inside Antenna" on the Signal Booster. Lightning Surge Protection is recommended for all in-building installations.
5. Before powering up the Signal Booster, verify that both the Outside Antenna and the Inside Antenna are connected and check that all connections are tight. Note: Be careful when plugging the connectors in so as not to bend the center pins on the connectors.
Above DIY cell phone signal booster installation instructions would apply to most consumer indoor cell phone booster systems. If you notice signal booster is not working as it should, or notice unusual red, green, yellow or orange solid or flashing lights, please read our understanding signal booster lights page or refer to our troubleshooting guide. If you find that above DIY cell phone booster installation guide is too difficult in your scenario or situation, we offer professional cell phone signal booster installation service.