Posted by Admin on April 24, 2015
weBoost signal boosters are essentially a repeater system which operates transparently on the cellular network.
The Amplifier adds power (gain) to the signal in both directions, also called a BDA by some installers. Max gain varies by application.
The Outside Antenna transmits and receives signal to the cell tower with increased sensitivity and power. (Generally 7 to 10+ dB gain).
The Inside Antenna transmits and receives signal to the cell phone or device, also adding gain. (Generally 5 to 7+ dB gain).
The co-ax cable is the conduit between all the elements of the system and is a cause of loss.
Properly designed signal boosters which are FCC type accepted are 100% legal and do not require carrier approval before installation.
Cell Phone Signal:
• Cellular signal strength is measured in decibels (dB), and will typically range from -50dB to -110dB.
• The dB scale is logarithmic, every 3dB increase doubles the power, -67dB is twice the power of -70dB.
• Every 6dB will approximately double the coverage distance from the antenna.
Gain and Loss:
Indicated by a solid RED light on the amplifier. Occurs when inside antenna and outside antenna "talk" to each other, causing an RF loop. Solution is to increase separation of the antennas, or turn down gain on the amplifier. Increasing isolation is the key and can be achieved mechanically in some cases.
Indicated by a blinking ORANGE light on the amplifier. Caused by close proximity to a cell tower. The offending tower may be on another network. If working with a directional outside antenna, re-orienting the antenna and or reducing gain may solve the issue.
• True oscillation and overload protection Patented technology means no other amplifier protects the cellular network like weBoost.
• Awesome warranty 60 days no questions asked refund policy and two years manufacturers warranty. We stand behind our products.
• Free tech support.
• weBoost products work. Testing proves weBoost products are superior to competition in every category. Some competitors actually put out less power than the cell phone alone.
• Designed and engineered in USA.