Posted by Admin on Jun 14, 2015
A weBoost signal booster will improve an indoor signal, but it will not improve an outdoor signal. Let us break down what this means.
In an earlier blog, we explained that there has to be an outdoor signal for outside antenna to pick it up. An outside antenna cannot create an outside signal. Here’s an image to help you think of this more clearly:
Above photograph of someone out fishing on a lake has been obtained from Pinterest. Think of your outside antenna as a fishing pole. The purpose of outside antenna is to pick up on a weak signal, so it is essentially fishing for a signal. The lake is the entire outside area and the fish are your signals. If you’re in a lake with no fish (signals), you’re not going to catch anything. It is not a creator of fish (a signal), it is a capturing device.
Assume you’re trying to send a text or make a call and you step outside to do it. You may be able to pick up a signal that goes in and out or a very weak signal. It’s not the greatest, but at least it’s something. Still you would be happy to have a stronger signal outside.
Unfortunately, our weBoost amplifiers are not designed to improve outdoor signals. So even if you install them, you’re still going to have a weak or in-and-out signal outside of your house or car. However, that does not mean you will not have a strong signal inside your house or car. weBoost won’t get you a stronger signal outside, but it will save you from having to go outside at all! You can then enjoy the stronger signal inside your house or car.
To think of this visually, you have to remember that the outside antenna is connected to a cable that leads to the signal booster inside a house or car (where the signal gets amplified). This cable is important because it enables the signal to travel from the outside antenna to the signal booster. So to go back to the fishing example, the cable is the fishing line that you have to reel in to get your fish (signal).
When you catch your fish (signal) with your fishing pole (outside antenna), your fish is still in the lake (your signal is caught, but can’t be strengthened or used). To actually get the fish, you have to reel it in (connect the cable to send it inside to your signal booster).
As mentioned in a previous blog, you will need an outside antenna, an inside antenna, a signal booster, and cables to connect all three in order to boost your inside signal. You can find out why you must have all four of these items together at https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/blog/do-weboost-antennas-work-on-digital-signals-or-on-analog-signals/.
weBoost makes several antenna and signal booster models designed to improve cell phone signals inside a vehicle or building.
weBoost offers multiple inside and outside antenna options for vehicles, so that you can choose the right outside and inside antenna for your needs. Inside antennas can be found at https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/inside-mobile/ and outside antennas can be found at https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/outside-mobile/.
Inside antennas come in three designs:
· Slim (the slim design makes it easy for you to fit your antenna into a less noticeable place).
· Cradle (the cradle design has a build in antenna and gives you a place to dock your cellphone).
· Omnidirectional (this omnidirectional design makes it possible to receive signals from all directions).
Outside antennas come in three designs:
· Magnet mount (these antennas are designed for easy installation and can be removed and transferred between vehicles).
· Glass mount and NMO mount (these antenna are designed to be more permanent for one single vehicle).
· Trucker (these antenna are designed to provide maximum reception to large vehicles like trucks and RVs).
weboost also offers multiple signal booster options for vehicles . Signal boosters for vehicles can be found at https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/mobile-solutions/.
Vehicle signal boosters come in three designs:
· Single user (for a single cell phone user in a vehicle - good for people who mostly drive by themselves).
· Multi-user (for multiple cell phone users in a vehicle - good for families or people that frequently have others who ride with them).
· Professionals (for multi cell phone users and offers maximum range - good for professionals that drive long distances and need to have their signal working in fringe areas of wireless provider's coverage).
Next, weBoost offers multiple inside and outside antenna options for buildings , so that you can choose the right outside and inside antenna for your needs. Inside antennas for buildings can be found at https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/inside-building/ outside antennas for buildings can be found at https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/outside-building/.
Inside antennas come in four designs:
· High-gain Yagi and Wide Band directional (antennas designed to mount inside homes, offices, buildings, and warehouses).
· Dome and Panel (designed to mount inside buildings and best fit for your wireless reception needs).
Outside antennas come in the same four designs:
· High-gain Yagi and Wide Band directional (antennas designed to mount on the exterior of homes, offices, buildings, and warehouses).
· Dome and Panel (designed to mount outside buildings and best fit for cell phone signal reception needs).
weboost also offers multiple signal booster options for buildings (this includes homes, offices, cabins, apartments, and buildings). These signal boosters can also be found at https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/weboost-signal-booster-for-home-and-building/.
Building signal boosters come in three designs:
· 1 to 2 room coverage (designed to cover a small workspace area).
· Entire House (designed to cover an entire home, for up to 5,000 square feet).
· Building (designed to cover a very large area, for up to 10,000 square feet).
· Machine to Machine inside buildings (which can be found at https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/m2m-solutions/).
· Interchangeable use between cars/trucks and homes/offices (which can found at https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/drive-3g-flex-multi-user-vehicle-or-indoor-signal-booster-weboost-470113/).