No, they are not. They are designed to be a single phone booster solution.
We may be able to provide an adapter for your air card, which is sometimes known as a Wireless Broadband Modem. Please order through our customer support line. If we are not able to provide an adapter for your card, we can offer other options that don’t require a direct connection into the card.
• You first need to estimate the area in square feet that you require the cell phone signal to cover, inside your office or home.
• Then determine the cell phone signal strength outside the building. The easiest and most effective way to do this is to take actual signal strength readings in dBm (decibels). The "bars" display on your mobile phone is only a graphical approximation of signal strength, and thus not accurate enough for this purpose.
All smart phones provide the actual signal strength readings in dBm; with most android phone models you can go through Settings and navigate to the Mobile Networks screen to locate your real time signal strength in dBm.
With other devices, and this includes iPhone models, your phone must be placed in Field Test Mode in order to see the dBm reading. Please refer to the following web page if you require more information on accessing the Field Test Mode, or the correct screen on your device: https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/blog/field-test-mode-an-overview-enabling-it-on-your-phone/
Once you have the signal strength reading in dBm, you can choose the booster model that offers appropriate coverage, which would correspond to your square footage estimate. Remember that if the dBm reading outside your office or home is in the-85 to -95 range, which indicates an especially weak signal, we suggest you choose the next more powerful booster model to cover the desired area. If the dBm reading is less than -95, we strongly recommend you contact customer support and we can discuss your situation. The reason for this is that in such cases, where dBm reading is less than -95, it is difficult to boost a very weak signal. Therefore, please talk to us before purchasing a booster.
When we say "model number" we're actually referring to the booster kit model number. It is an FCC regulation that all cell phone boosters be sold as a kit. This means that cables and antennas are included with the booster in the same kit itself. If you register your booster with weBoost or need to contact weBoost customer service, they will ask for your kit model number. The model number is always a 6-digit number starting with the number 4. However, the new WilsonPro signal booster kits and other older Wilson Electronics models will have a 6-digit model number beginning with either 4 or 8. To locate the model number of your booster, look for a small sticker on the label on the side of the box that has a barcode. Above that barcode, you will see the 6-digit number starting with 4, or 8 as mentioned above. This is your booster kit model number. Each component in the kit will also have its own serial number, which can usually be found on the base or back of the component. These numbers are different to the kit model number.
Antennas work similar to a sprinkler attached to the end of a hose: When you have a specific amount of signal (or water) coming from an antenna (or sprinkler), you will achieve a certain size area of coverage. For example, 10 feet from the sprinkler/ indoor antenna. When you split that and use two antennas, it is the same as the splitting of your spigot to 2 hoses with sprinklers. You will not be providing more cell signal (or water); you're simply taking the signal or water that you have and dividing it between each antenna or sprinkler location. Therefore, you're not increasing the coverage area, you're simply taking the one ten square feet area and creating two five square feet areas. Perhaps this action may be appropriate for certain deployments, but it won't increase the total coverage area.
Yes we can. Depending on your particular situation there may be several options available to you.
• A "femtocell" device works with your broadband Internet connection to improve cell phone coverage. It does this by creating a "micro" cell site, or cell signal source, inside your office, home, or other interior space.
• Wi-Fi Calling does not require special equipment (such as a femtocell) but uses your broadband connection in the workplace or home.
• A cell phone signal booster detects the building's external cell signal, brings it inside the building to amplify it, then the amplified signal is re-broadcasted to the interior space, ready for your phone to use.
Each of these solutions has its disadvantages and advantages. Please go to our blog post here: https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/blog/using-technology-to-increase-signal-strength/ to learn more about these solutions.
All weBoost and Wilson boosters can easily be identified by their Serial Number (SN). This number is used to track the exact specifications, requirements, and the age of the booster. On the weBoost products, this number will start with a "4", and on the Wilson products the number will start with either "4" or "8". You will find the serial number located near the barcode, on the white sticker that comes with all boosters. It will generally be a long number of between twelve and seventeen digits.
See this product page for the connect 3G: https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/weboost-connect-3g-472105-omni-antenna-booster-kit/
To learn more about our weBoost Home 3G, please see our product page here: https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/weboost-home-3g-473105-desktop-booster-kit/
To learn more about our weBoost Drive 4G-S, please see our product page here: https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/weboost-drive-4g-s-470107-cradle-booster-kit/
• Yes, stop moving! Your phone and the network don't have to constantly adjust to your changing location when you are stationary.
• Try changing your location: Try different rooms in your home to see if you can access better reception. In the workplace, move into the hallway or to the other side of the office.
• Locate yourself near a window: We know that building materials obstruct cellular signals, so glass may allow signal to pass through more readily than a metal roof or concrete walls.
• Go outside: Any barrier between you and the tower can reduce your perception. By exiting the building, you immediately reduce potential obstructions.
• Go higher: By increasing your elevation you're reducing the chance of obstructions, so move to the top floor of your office building or your home. Any obstruction between you and the tower can, and will, weaken the signal.
• Use a mobile service map tool: Find websites or download apps that will show you the exact locations in your area of various carrier's cell towers. Once you know where your nearest tower is, then you can take the necessary steps to reduce obstructions between you and the tower.
Use a combination of these tips: The more you use together, the better your cell reception should be.
• If nothing else works, consider a technological solution. It may be necessary to employ some technology to improve your coverage – like a cell signal booster (cellular repeater), femtocell (also known as a microcell), or Wi-Fi Calling.
Probably the quickest way to find out is to visit our blog at https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/blog/cell-phone-frequencies-and-what-do-they-mean/ for all major USA and Canada carriers. If you do not see your carrier listed there, type "what frequency does (your carrier) use" into a search engine. Alternatively, you could check with customer support at your own cellular provider. Our booster kits now work with all carriers, regardless of which frequency your carrier users, so it may not be necessary to check your frequency if the purpose is to find the correct booster.
At AFC Houston, when our customers call with questions about installing a signal booster, we often use the term "soft install". A "soft installation" is loosely testing by putting signal booster kit in place without fully and tightly installing it. It is something that we highly recommend doing prior to permanently installing the booster. It is generally done very quickly, allowing you to experiment and determine your optimal system setup.
A. We Highly Recommend That You Do a "Soft Install", Prior to a Permanent Installation, for the Following Reasons:
• It allows you to determine where to place your tower and device antennas - This means your outside and inside antennas.
• You can determine an antenna location that will provide optimal signal and coverage from your carrier.
• It allows you to experiment with various combinations of vertical and horizontal separation between the two antennas to find a reduced MRDS - Minimum Required Distance Separation.
• During the "soft install" you may discover that you have an "overload" situation. This can occur when the signal from a nearby tower (and this may not even be your carrier's tower) is too strong, causing the booster to either shut down or reduce power.
B. It Allows You to Determine the Most Efficient Way of Routing the Cable inside Your Home
Most customers will run the cable through a window or door during the "soft install" process so they can connect the antennas and experiment with the system. Once they determine where the antennas should be, they have a good idea of where to run the cable.
C. The Soft Install Process Could Well Determine That the System You Purchased Is Not Suitable for Your Situation
At CellPhoneSignalBooster.us, we offer 60 days money-back guarantee on our products for this very reason: We want our customers to experiment with their set-up. By doing a soft installation, it simplifies the process if indeed the product purchased must be returned due to being incorrect product for your situation. The soft installation allows you to correct any problem conditions and to optimize your system.
When it comes to boosting 4G, RV use, and ability for multiple users to benefit, the Drive 4G-M has been one of our most popular go-to boosters. This booster provides five bands of coverage to boost 3G and 4G signals, increased cell reception in the signal areas, and low-profile antennas. If you happen to be travelling in locations where you know the signal is not great, but you would still like to boost inside the RV or other vehicle, the Drive 4G-M is the perfect solution for you.
The Drive 4G-X offers the same level of incoming signal enhancement (gain) as our Drive 4G-M (50 dB gain), but more than any other mobile booster - It also provides a greater reach to distant cell towers. This means that the Drive 4G-X is the perfect fit for rural travelling. The booster also offers low-profile antenna options and five bands of coverage. This means that if you frequently travel in rural areas where other boosters struggle to get signal, then our recommendation is that you try the Drive 4G-X.
Please see here for full details of our return policy: https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/returns/
And here's the abbreviated version:
If you make your purchase directly from us, you can return the product for a full refund, minus shipping, within sixty days from the purchase date. Once the unit has been received by us, in its original packaging, we will refund the full cost of your order, minus shipping.
These products operate quite differently; However, they are both used in situations where cellular reception is limited.
• The Femtocell (micro-cell) is a cellular base station that creates a cell signal to cover a small area, using a broadband Internet connection.
• The signal booster amplifies ambient cellular signal, making the amplified signal available to cellular devices.
Our weBoost signal boosters and antennas have a 2-year warranty and are backed by our 60-days money-back guarantee. Please see the page below for further information about the 2-year manufacturer's warranty.
Check the respective product listing pages to download the weBoost installation manuals. From the "Resources" tab, you will see the link to download a PDF file. Below is a link where you will find the listing of amplifier kits:
Below is a link to our YouTube channel playlist for all our products:
The weBoost signal boosters support all mobile carriers in the United States and in Canada. Phones from most providers in South and Central America work as well. Our boosters work with all GSM, CDMA, TDMA, EDGE, and 4G LTE technologies. Some of the carriers that weBoost signal boosters support include US Cellular, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Telus, Bell Canada, T-Mobile, and Metro PCS. If you have any further questions please call our toll-free Customer Support line. Our technicians are always happy to offer advice in selecting the appropriate weBoost product to suit your specific requirements.
This really depends on what you're looking for. One unit is not necessarily better than another, because each booster has its own advantages.
The Drive S or Sleek units are cradle options: This means you must place your phone in the cradle in order to receive the boosted signal. You will only be able to boost the signal to one device at any particular time, plus you need to use Bluetooth, speaker-phone, or a wired headset to speak on the phone. However, the bonus is that, because the phone is sitting directly on the indoor antenna, you won't have the loss that you would, with an X booster or Drive M.
With the Drive 4G-M and 3G-M you will be able to boost multiple devices; plus you won't have to keep your phone in a cradle or in contact with the indoor antenna. This booster supports a higher gain than Sleek boosters or the S series; However, you will experience some loss through air from the indoor antenna to the cellular device.
The Drive 4G-X and 3G-X have the same advantages and gains as the M boosters: They also have a stronger signal headed back to the tower. They are able to boost signal to multiple devices; They do not require that your device is placed in contact with an indoor antenna; And you will get the best boost from your device back to the carrier tower for maximum performance in rural areas.
Obstructions and distance are the two main culprits that cause cell phone reception problems. Distance is something that everyone understands: When your phone is too far away from the cell tower the signal may be weak, or even undetectable. However, obstructions are not so well understood. Below we have listed the most common signal blocks:
• In urban settings, man-made obstructions like buildings are the main blockers of cell signals. Radio frequency signals struggle to pass through concrete, metal, and oxide-coated glass. This means that you can have reception problems inside almost any building.
• The terrain: Cell signal works by line-of-sight. This means that any terrain features between you and the cell tower, like mountains, hills, bluffs, ridges, and so on, will block cell signals.
• In vehicles, the safety class and metal making up the outer shell of most vehicles do a great job of blocking radio frequency signals. You may find it difficult to get a good signal when you're inside any vehicle.
• Strangely, vegetation such as trees, shrubs, and almost any other kind of foliage absorbs cell signals. Even stranger is the fact that dust particles in the atmosphere can also weaken radio frequency signals.
If the slower data transfer-rate is due to a weak cell signal, then a weBoost signal booster can increase the data speed of an air card. However, if your signal is already strong, a booster won't increase the download/upload of your provider's tower and equipment.
When shopping for a weBoost wireless booster, let us examine few facts. You will notice they are generally priced in proportion to the square footage of coverage provided. The published coverage of an RF booster will be under ideal conditions. Having a very strong reception at your external antenna spot would be ideal.
However, most locations are not ideal. This is why it is better to err on the side of caution. Get an amplifier that is at least a level above your perceived needs. Do you have questions regarding the right wireless amplifier kit for your needs? Please contact us. We will gladly show you solutions for bad reception. We will ask you for your outside signal strength. We will then ask for indoor square footage. Then we will suggest a perfect solution.